Design, develop, and troubleshoot production processes to optimize
efficiency and facilitate workflow. Coordinate activities of workers
in the Production Department in the areas of staffing, material
requirements, documentation, productivity, quality, safety, and
training. Ensure product is completed to schedules and company procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the employees of the production area by example in the
areas of attitude, work quality, work ethic, dependability, and
- Design and develop production line and station lay-outs to
optimize efficiency and work-flow.
- Troubleshoot problems in the manufacturing areas related to
work-flow and efficiencies.
- Work with Production Scheduling and Quality to resolve issues
in the manufacturing areas.
- Manage designated areas of the Production area as follows:
- Manage scheduled orders in production to meet set shipping schedules.
- Ensure correct materials are present.
- Schedule employees.
- Expedite work flow.
- Assist employees with work process problems related to product
assembly and quality.
- Supervise Production Supervisors, Production Line Leaders, and
- Train production employees reporting to this position.
- Ensure proper and up-to-date documentation is completed for the
Production area being supervised.
- Develop work instructions and request documentation changes as required.
- Monitor the completion of necessary documentation.
- Work with the Production Supervisors to ensure employee issues are
followed according to company policy and in conjunction with Human Resources:
- Issue employee reviews according to the guidelines set by the
Vice President of Operations.
- Track employee attendance.
- Resolve both minor and major employee conflicts.
- Issue employee discipline, both informal and formal.
e. Ensure the production department
follows quality policies, human resource policies, safety
policies, and manufacturing rules and guidelines.
- Communicate and work together with other departments as required.
7. Drive implementation and advancement of lean manufacturing
principles throughout production operations.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a representative of management in meetings as required.
2. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Determine and request necessary resources (personnel, equipment,
supplies, etc.) to effectively complete the duties and
responsibilities of this position.
- Supervise employees in the Production Department assigned to this
position according to company policy and applicable legal requirements.
- Must complete a Non-Compete Agreement and Patent Agreement.