Experience and Skills:
- Attention for detail, and the ability to accurately record testing results and inspection criteria on quality records. Must be able to complete a position assessment test.
- Able to perform routine tasks on a continuing basis.
- Able to correctly inspect and test product according to instructions, engineering drawings, customer specifications and training.
- Able to correctly use required tools, fixtures, rulers, testing equipment, etc. involved in the testing and inspection processes.
- Able to communicate and work with others as a team.
- Able to read and write English.
- Able to read and understand the product criteria on engineering drawings.
- Able to recognize quality problems with materials, work in process, and the final product.
- Good work attendance and dependability.
- If working nights or shifts with minimal supervision, must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit. The employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp, finger or handle objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This employee must occasionally lift and /or exert force from 25 pounds up to 75 pounds. Push and/or pull up to 300 pounds.
Majority of time spent sitting or standing at a workstation, inspecting product. May need to operate testing equipment or use tools and/or fixtures as part of the inspection and testing processes.