Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to correctly inspect and test product according to instructions, engineering drawings, and training.
- Able to correctly use required tools, fixtures, rulers, testing equipment, etc. involved in the testing and inspection processes.
- Able to read and understand the product criteria on engineering drawings.
- Able to recognize quality problems with equipment, materials, work in process, and final product, and to inspect for critical items that may affect the function of the product.
- Able to inspect product and perform all other required duties in a timely manner as outlined by department supervision and management.
- Able to lead and influence others by example in the areas of attitude, work quality, work ethic, dependability, and communication.
8 Able to direct and train employees.
9. Able to work and communicate well with others.
10. Able to supervise multiple inspections and/or testing jobs simultaneously.
11. Able to complete necessary documents and records as required.
12. Able to read and write English.
13. Good work attendance and dependability.
14. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and pass a criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and operate a computer. The employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp, finger or handle objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color determination. This employee must occasionally lift and /or exert force from 25 up to 75 pounds. Push and/or pull up to 300 pounds.
A Quality Lead assigned to the Receiving Inspection area must frequently lift and/or exert force from 25 up to 75 pounds. Push and/or pull up to 300 pounds.
May either sit at a workstation to inspect product, or may be required to move around while inspecting (i.e. incoming inspection, shipping, etc.)