Responsible for the design and development of medical device
products. Partner with internal personnel to transfer product concepts
and specifications into Katecho documentation. Support the development
of new product lines and expanding existing product lines. Support
Katecho personnel on design projects from initial planning stages to
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops, and improves new or existing products.
Responsible for the building and testing of prototypes to complete
assigned engineering projects in accordance with customer
specifications and within scheduling and budget limitations.
- Coordinate with internal departments and functions to ensure a
- Work on continuous improvement in the areas of product design
and manufacturing methods.
- Responds to Production needs by proposing & initiating
changes to products, labeling, packaging, fixtures, etc.
- Provide Production assistance with print interpretation &
provide assistance in Production Line Down calls; Deviation
& MRB cause & solutions.
- Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, will ensure
necessary engineering documentation with correct specifications is
provided in a timely manner for all components, assemblies, finished
products and design projects.
- Creates and organizes prints, item cards, bills of material, ECO’s.
- Generates all necessary documentation for product changes
(internal or customer- requested), including ECO’s, Deviations,
prints, etc. Verifies work-in-process affected by changes.
- Prepares assembly, and detail drawings for released or
improved products, labels and packaging.
- Enters changes and maintains necessary data into ERP system.
- Works on new designs and improvements to existing designs in a
continuing effort to meet our customers’ needs and remain
competitive in the industry.
- Work with the Director of Engineering on directing the quoting for
products of Katecho. Develops strategies for pricing products in
continuing efforts to meet our customers’ needs and remain
competitive in the industry.
- Ensures Katecho’s products are priced to accurately reflect
raw material costs, labor costs, and overhead.
- Support product manufacturing by supplying alternate sourcing
advice including vendor or component analysis, alternate
manufacturing process deviations, and cost improvement design changes.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the follow-up of prototype construction with outside vendors.
- Other duties and functions may be assigned as required.
- Generates and releases ECO’s to affect new and existing products.
- Creates new and modifies existing prints.
- Enters information into the ERP system.
- Assists and creates samples for prototyping needs.
- Request necessary supplies and resources to adequately complete
the responsibilities listed above.
- Must complete a Non-Compete Agreement and Patent Agreement.